Welcome to the Afternoon Splash Website for the Christian Women’s Fellowship of London Ontario Canada & Region. It’s my prayer that you’ll be blessed by the devotionals found on this website as well as the purpose, vision, and the very heart of ministering to women displayed through this ministry.
Laurie Marks Vincent
CWF Director/Afternoon Splash
About Afternoon Splash, Statement of Faith ect.,
“Afternoon Splash” started with the first mini-conference for women in 2014. We are NON – denominational with a focus on growing in Christ and serving Christ together.
We ensure that guests who are invited to speak and minister at Afternoon Splash are reputable Christians who adhere to the foundational teachings in the Word of God. We look for speakers with a personal testimony that will glorify and lift up the name of Jesus.
The events are always held on a Saturday afternoon in late May each year. This is so that ladies who travel a distance can choose to make it an overnight stay and enjoy the city. It also makes it convenient for those traveling to the conference, outside of the city, to travel in the morning and leave in good time to arrive home in the evening.
Mission and Vision: To facilitate a heart of unity and nurturing among Christian Women, refreshing and worshiping together, with creative and challenging messages, music and guests who are called to move and motivate the body of Christ. Also providing an outlet to give from our hearts to a special mission cause each year.
For some women, they are limited in their Christian fellowship or we are their church family because they are not established in a home church. As a result, we are also considered an outreach in this way, with the hope that as they establish relationships with other women, they will find a church to call home with the family of God.
We hold casual gatherings throughout the year to break from the winter days and then our annual Spring mini-conference “Afternoon Splash” is held in late May each year.
Statement of Faith:
- We believe that God is the creator of the universe creating both of the seen (physical) and the unseen (spiritual) realms and that God the creator is also the giver of life.
- We believe the Holy Bible is God’s word Personally spoken by God for mankind for the purpose of revealing who He is and it is without error in all issues to which it speaks.
- We believe in the Trinity, one God in three Persons, consisting of Father, Son Jesus, and Holy Spirit.
- We Believe Jesus Christ is Divine God who came from Heaven to fulfill the law, not abolish it. He came to mankind as a man yet retaining the Divinity of God and while living a sinless life was rejected and betrayed by man to be crucified and die on the cross yet not to remain dead but to Resurrect the third day in accordance with His Everlasting Divine life.
- We believe that the death of Jesus on the cross provided complete atonement for all the sins of the world, therefore, cleansing those who choose to be cleansed from their sin to then receive the Holy Spirit and by receiving the Holy Spirit becoming “Born Again” and being Born Again becoming children of God. Children in the family of God and as children in a personal relationship with their Father who is God above all and as children also inheritors in the Heavenly Kingdom of Jesus the kingdom that is without end.
- We believe that Jesus is the judge of all of mankind’s thoughts, intentions and actions and that He is just and wise in His judgment. As judge, Jesus will judge the unjust [those who are not covered by the blood of Jesus Christ] to everlasting condemnation while to the righteous [those who are covered by the blood of Jesus Christ] He will give of His life, His gifts, and His glory.
- We believe Jesus physically rose from the dead, was seen by and interacted with many eyewitnesses including the Disciples and Apostles and that Jesus has now ascended back into Heaven where He originally came from. One day will return to abolish the enemy Lucifer and set up his kingdom with his children, his bride, the body of Christ.
- Jesus is currently seated in Majesty, Power and Authority alongside the Father and He is now accessible to us in both Prayer and Fellowship.
- We believe that Christ has enabled us to operate in the same love that Jesus has given us, through forgiveness, and responding to the needs of Brothers and Sisters in Christ, by being the hands of feet of Jesus and sharing what we have to bless others.